Saturday, October 11, 2008

Unique to CA

These are California quail. They have very strange behaviors. They run real fast if you get near them so they're difficult to really look at. Their movements are also very jerky. I took many pictures to get a couple where they were still. Two families grew up in our back yard this summer. They each had about a dozen chicks. I took photos through our bedroom window and used a zoom lens.


This is what we saw as we looked out our back sliders Friday afternoon. The trees are in our back yard. We hadn't heard any sirens so I called 911 and found out the county dept. was on its way. It's still burning but 70% contained today. It's been very windy here all day and we can hear the planes and helicopters flying over head dumping chemicals and water. It came within maybe 3 miles of us coming our way but then turned east. So far only one house has burned down but many are threatened so there has been an evacuation in the area.

No comments: