Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Nut Harvest


We have been picking up walnuts from our many English walnut trees in the yard as well as along the sides of the streets lined with walnut trees. We don't mess with the black walnuts which are also plentiful. We don't live on walnut lane for nothing.
Al is in the process of removing the outer green hulls so the nuts can dry out.

Tomorrow I'm taking off for my brother's house in Carmichael near Sacramento. His wife and I are going to do girl things when she comes home from work. In the meantime my niece will be there with her new baby who I haven't seen yet. We'll have time to get acquainted. I plan to stay overnight and come back Thurs. morning.

Al has become the official volunteer maintenance man at the local elementary school. He rather seems to be enjoying it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sad they can't make alcohol outta nuts! That'd be good.