Al went to get a smog inspection ($55)for his truck, passed it and headed to the DMV to get CA registration. When he got there they said he had to go get the truck weighed ($20). He returned to the DMV and was told he had to have the highway patrol confirm the vin # on the truck. Fortunately another guy who heard that said no that he could do it himself. Whew! Registration cost $322. And that's what it's like to live in CA.
Next on the agenda is to get our passports renewed as they expire soon and have to be valid for at least 6 mo. to leave the country now. We've heard it costs $200!
On a brighter note, Al went to Home Depot because I wanted him to look at a freezer there. He found just what I wanted on sale for only $220+tax because the key to it was missing. Now all I have to do is fill it. I'm hoping to get some fruit still in season. It seems fruit is available here for a longer period of time than in MI.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment