Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Morning After

I had small patches of poison oak last night but during the night. . .it spread! My right inner arm and part of my lip got it too. My neck is the worst and the most itchy. This morning I mixed charcoal in water and have spread it over the rash. I'm hoping for a miracle. Charcoal is supposed to pull poisons out of skin and works for insect bites etc. so why not this stuff. Not only am I missing church today, I won't be able to go to my niece's baby shower tomorrow.

No more petting stray dogs even though I'm a magnet to them. I got an email saying our MI pastor's daughter is going away to academy tomorrow so that means our cats we left with them won't be getting much petting either. I miss furry creatures in my life. I'm looking for sympathy.

1 comment:

Connie Halvorsen said...

You'll definitely get sympathy from me, Donna. I miss my pets too. Sometimes when I come home from work I still expect to see Abbie waiting excitedly for me to pet her and let her in and I still miss Bocephus who used to curl up with me and keep me warm. They give so much warmth and love and I sure do miss it.

I'm sorry you got the poison oak. That can't be much fun.

Well I hope it all clears up for you soon.

Connie